With the NFL scouting combing taking place this weekend, I thought I would put together a list of what I think will happen with the first 10 picks in this years draft. I am sure within 48 hours I’ll already disagree with it but why not do one now and see what happens.
1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck QB (Stanford) No surprise here Luck is NFL ready and very talented. With Peyton Manning getting older and his neck injury putting a big question mark on his career this would be the right move.
2. * Cleveland Browns – Robert Griffin III QB (Baylor) I expect the Browns to trade up and get the number two pick from the St. Louis Rams and grab the quarterback they desperately need. The Rams already have their quarterback of the future and the guy they want should be available at number 4.
3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil OT (USC) I can’t see the Vikings passing up a chance on having a player that has the potential to be in the pro bowl every year at left tackle. Kalil is an extremely athletic offensive lineman that should hves a bright future in the NFL.
4. St. Louis Rams – Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State) The Rams have the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Sam Bradford literally has no one to throw the ball too. Taking the best Receiver in the draft should be an easy choice for the Rams to make.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Morris Claiborne CB (LSU) The Bucs will look to help the secondary getting younger by adding Claiborne. Even though they were dead last on defense in rushing yards per game, I still see them upgrading the corner position.
6. Washington Redskins – Trent Richardson RB (Alabama) Mike Shanahan has never drafted a running back this early ever, but I think he sees too much talent here to pass on Richardson.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Riley Reiff OT (Iowa) After giving up 44 sacks last season the Jaguars need to build that offensive line up. They are in need of a wide receiver but with Blackmon gone I see them going to free agency to fill the void.
8. Miami Dolphins – Jonathon Martin OT (Stanford) The Dolphins need some help on offense. They have weapons in the backfield and a great receiver in Brandon Marshall. With them not getting Robert Griffin III I see them upgrading their offensive line, and looking to free agency for a quarterback.
9. Carolina Panthers – Michael Brockers DT (LSU) The Panthers offense was explosive last season under Cam Newton. So I see them trying to upgrade the defense to help keep them in games. Brockers would be a great fit for this team and he’s sure to be a force on the inside in this league.
10. Buffalo Bills – Quinton Coples DE (North Carolina) The Bills need help in a lot of areas. The team plans on changing to a 4-3 defense next season and Coples will help the team make the transition.